What can I do if I am in a Domestic Violence situation?

 Every person has a right to feel safe and live free from domestic violence.  If there is violence in your rented home, you should contact the Police or a domestic violence advice or support service.  Please see the following links for contact numbers to seek assistance.

 Further information and declaration forms relating to domestic violence in a rented property is available through: fairtrading.nsw.gov.au / domestic-violence-in-a-rented-property.



NSW Police / Gunnedah Police

For urgent assistance or to report a crime

000 / 6742 9099

1800 333 000 (Crime Stoppers)



Crisis counselling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

13 11 14


NSW Rape Crisis Centre

24-hour, 7-day service providing support and counselling for rape victims

1800 424 017


1800 RESPECT (National)

24-hour, 7-day service providing counselling for sexual assault, domestic and family violence. Online counselling also available

1800 737 732


Domestic Violence Line (NSW)

24-hour, 7-day emergency, referral and counselling line for persons experiencing domestic violence. Domestic Violence Line makes referrals to women’s refuges, family support services, counselling, the police and courts, lawyers and hospitals. It helps with transport, emergency accommodation and other relevant support

1800 656 463 or 1800 671 442 (TTY)


Child Protection Help Line

To report suspected child abuse or neglect 24 hours

132 111

Kids Help Line

Free, 24-hour counselling service for young people aged 5-25 years. Email or web counselling available

1800 551 800



A 24-hour state-wide, Homelessness service

1800 152 152

Victims Services

Victims of sexual assault and other violent crimes can make claims for financial assistance and get free counselling

1800 633 063

(02) 8688 5511

1800 019 123 (Aboriginal contact line)





Women’s Legal Service NSW

Women’s Legal Advice Line

NSW service providing free confidential legal advice and representation, resources and referrals to women experiencing domestic violence, sexual assault, family law and other legal issues

(02) 8745 6988 or
1800 801 501 (rural freecall)

Indigenous Women’s Legal Contact Line (WLS NSW)

Free confidential legal information, advice and referrals for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women in NSW

(02) 8745 6977 or
1800 639 784 (rural freecall)
Indigenous Women’s Legal Program webpage

Domestic Violence Legal Advice Line (WLS NSW)

NSW service providing free confidential legal advice and representation, resources and referrals to women experiencing domestic violence

(02) 8745 6999 or
1800 810 784 (rural freecall)
Domestic Violence Legal Service webpage